Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Reminder...

Pictures last a lifetime, they catch a moment that can be forever remembered, yes. But, to put them to music and melody can bring them to life. Think of your most precious song- one to remember good times, celebrate a milestone or occasion, even a song that provokes memories of a lost loved one. Think "The Blowers Daughter" by Damien Rice, if you haven't heard it, it's worth the download. Putting photos to song can evoke emotion that nothing else can. It is truly something. I enjoy my photos, but this kind of project takes it to another level. I love doing this with my work- for weddings, parties, memorials. They are so moving.

I did this video for my Grandfather. He passed away in August of this year from Pancreatic Cancer. He was 78 years old and his passing brought a lot of suffering, to us mostly. It was one of the most painful and precious memories I have. I will never forget him lying there, speechless from many strokes, staring at my brother and I and trying tirelessly to put his arms around us. I wanted his friends and family to see that side of him, to see his heart. The silver lining in his passing was sitting with my brother and going through old photographs, learning about his life and laughing through tears. We made this video to remember him at his memorial. I miss him so much, here is a glimpse of one of the greatest men I have ever known.

Please feel free to become a fan of my facebook page where the video is located.

http://www.facebook.com/video/?id=152392371451182




No comments:

Post a Comment